AUSTIN AND ALLY
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon, an aspiring singer who became an overnight teen internet sensation. He struggles to maintain and make money from his new-found stardom. Lynch (born December 29, 1995 in Littleton, Colorado) is also in a band called R5 with his three elder siblings and their friend Ellington Ratliff; his oldest brother, Riker, has a minor recurring role on the Fox series Glee. He was raised in Littleton, Colorado. Lynch has also recorded various songs for the show. The songs include "Without You" (the series's theme song), "Double Take", "Break Down the Walls", "A Billion Hits", and "Not A Love Song". A lyric video for "A Billion Hits" was released on December 6, 2011 on YouTube.
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson, an aspiring singer-songwriter with an extreme case of stage fright. She wrote the first hit song that Austin performed. She works at her parents' music store, Sonic Boom. She is currently writing songs for Austin.
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish, Ally's best friend, and Austin's manager. Her jobs change daily due to her lack of effort and presence at work.
- Calum Worthy as Dez, a geeky, aspiring director who films everything he can. He filmed Austin singing Ally's original song, and posted it online. He is Austin's best friend, and has a complicated friend/enemy relationship with Trish. He often pulls a variety of items from his backpack, ranging from a toaster to ten types of jelly.
- Andy Milder as Lester, Ally's father is the owner of the music store "Sonic Boom".
- Cole Sand as Nelson, a young kid who takes oboe and piano lessons from Ally.